Windows Software Developer
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, you will be primarily responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing and supporting desktop-based software products.
In this role, you will be a contributing member of IMT’s growing Software Development group by sharing your technical knowledge and extensive understanding of Windows software development processes and methodologies. From time-to-time, you may also be asked to apply your software development skills to create value-added components that enhance and extend the value of packaged software from IMT’s partners.
DUTIES AND TASK / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Participate in the creation, review and documentation of system requirements.
- Create detailed technical design of software components, including related documentation.
- Develop and test software in a variety of programming languages and environments.
- Participate in the design and development of new product ideas, concepts, prototypes and proofs of concept.
- Contribute to high level product design and definition.
- Participation in estimation of work effort needed to create reliable release plans and roadmaps.
- Research and test new software development tools, techniques and technologies, as appropriate.
Skill and knowledge qualifications
- 3 years+ experience working as a software developer.
- Computer Science Undergraduate degree (or equivalent).
- Experience with the Windows Event Model and low-level Windows
- Experience programming Windows
- Experience with C++, C# and Python.
- Comfortable working in Visual Studio.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience supporting software products.
- Knowledge of web application development.
- Demonstrated skills with the following IBM-specific technologies: IBM InfoSphere MDM (or Initiate).
- Previous experience with cloud hosting platforms, including IBM Softlayer and AWS (Amazon).
- Experience with Linux, Unix operating systems.
- Comfortable working in Eclipse.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Ability to evolve and extend existing product features using an agile software development approach.
The following lists several competencies that would be key to ensuring success at IMT:
- Self-motivation with a proven track record in the development of software solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands / deadlines.
- A high level of critical and logical thinking, and analysis, to identify principles, reasons, or facts.
- Honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-departmental resources to facilitate knowledge transfer and feedback
- Ability to handle challenging situations diplomatically.
- Good communications skills with other employees (peers and management).
What IMT Offers You
InfoMagnetics Technologies Corporation (IMT) is an exciting, dynamic company with a 25-year history developing innovative solutions for the person / patient identity market, specifically Master Data Management and Big Data. We recruit professional, results-oriented team players who share our vision and are passionate about their work.
As a small, nimble development team, we look forward to bringing you on board, where your technical skills will make a difference and will be recognized. We hope to leverage your current abilities to make the group stronger and work with you to further your technical development.
IMT offers a competitive compensation package including performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, career growth opportunities and a workplace that values the quality of your life.
IMT’s employees are the foundation of our company. We cultivate our staff toward personal and professional growth. We like being small and we enjoy watching our people succeed. We empower our team by providing ongoing training and access to the best tools, and we mentor them with senior staff. We encourage ongoing communication and foster a collaborative team environment where best practices are shared. Our team members participate in a wide variety of projects and assignments that allow them to think creatively, develop new skills and travel across North America to support our clients.
A big part of our culture is a belief in giving back to the community. For example, IMT sponsors the St. Amant Foundation and the great work they do around developmental disabilities and autism. We have adopted a policy to support qualified charitable organizations, especially those that our employees are directly involved in. Support can be in the form of monetary donations and/or participation in fundraising and awareness events
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume to: HR@infomagnetics.com
A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POSITION IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. SPECIFIC COMPENSATION PLAN STRUCTURE WILL BE DISCUSSED WITH INTERVIEW CANDIDATES.