At IMT we strive to be just one thing, Identity Solutions Experts. With that core principle in mind, IMT is always exploring and implementing new technologies that will benefit our clients or assist us with servicing and supporting our clients. The result is a dynamic and challenging work environment that provides endless opportunities and requires diligent focus.
Reporting to the VP Operations & Finance, the Support Lead is part of a team responsible for supporting IMT’s internal and external clients. The Support Lead’s primary responsibility is to delegate and manage service workloads, but will also work alongside the help desk analyst on service requests and take on critical issues. The team is comprised of resources that are dedicated to Support and indirect resources that are part of on call support within Professional Services.
The Support Lead will:
- Ensure the successful completion of all received support calls, tasks and issues by meeting response time and resolution time SLA as defined in client support agreements.
- Contribute to the overall success of the customer relationship which is measured by the ability to have a client agree to be a reference and to be willing and eager to take on future projects with IMT.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge, experience in the industry, strong troubleshooting skills, and deep understanding of the process and methodology related to technical support offerings.
- Continuously develop the skills and capabilities of IMT’s support resources.
- Manage on-call support (On-call group size varies based on call volumes).
- Develop service levels, service agreements, and manage the daily activities of the Help Desk staff.
- Ability to define and develop foundational components of a Help Desk – metrics, process, organization, tools, skills.
- Manage end user relations to ensure end user requirements are clearly understood and implemented in and implemented by identifying opportunities and leading initiatives that focus on improving internal processes and customer service performance.
- Provide initial problem investigation, information gathering, troubleshooting and analysis.
- Provide timely communication and status information on all issues to all parties.
- Oversee and contribute to the production of documentation that is clear, concise and accessible to a broad spectrum of clients.
- Manage development and delivery of IMT product support that includes patch rollout, testing and client release management.
- Perform day-to-day proactive operational support for IMT and customer environments to ensure high levels of application availability, appropriate response, data protection, and other industry standard actions.
- Prioritize and manage competing demands, deadlines and interruptions while maintaining attention to details.
- Identify training requirements and maintain up-to-date knowledge of latest technologies related to IMT’s internal IT environment and the solutions/products offered to our clients.
- Additional duties as assigned. These may include development/programming projects, researching, proving and implementing new technologies, and document creation and maintenance.
- Able to travel occasionally (less than 10%).
The incumbent should also possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated record of outstanding success at transforming and improving efficiencies in Help Desk support at similar organizations where innovation, collaboration, customer service, and the user experience are paramount.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, gain consensus, and move teams toward a shared vision.
- Strong knowledge of Support Management practices and principles, and implementation of these programs.
- Security and Reliability: Government of Canada Enhanced Security Clearance (minimum) Secret Security Clearance preferred.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress and sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members within the organization.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
Formal Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related discipline and 2-3 years work experience in a similar role.
- Work experience equivalent to Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years in a similar role.
- Optional: ITIL Foundations Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) considered an asset.
- Primary work environment is office working conditions and regular business hours. Some after-hours and weekend support work will be required and compensated.
- Stress levels are moderate to high.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
What IMT Offers You
InfoMagnetics Technologies Corporation (IMT) is an exciting, dynamic company with a 25-year history developing innovative solutions for the person / patient identity market, specifically Master Data Management and Big Data. We recruit professional, results-oriented team players who share our vision and are passionate about their work.
As a small, nimble development team, we look forward to bringing you on board, where your technical skills will make a difference and will be recognized. We hope to leverage your current abilities to make the group stronger and work with you to further your technical development.
IMT offers a competitive compensation package including performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, career growth opportunities and a workplace that values the quality of your life.
IMT’s employees are the foundation of our company. We cultivate our staff toward personal and professional growth. We like being small and we enjoy watching our people succeed. We empower our team by providing ongoing training and access to the best tools, and we mentor them with senior staff. We encourage ongoing communication and foster a collaborative team environment where best practices are shared. Our team members participate in a wide variety of projects and assignments that allow them to think creatively, develop new skills and travel across North America to support our clients.
A big part of our culture is a belief in giving back to the community. For example, IMT sponsors the St. Amant Foundation and the great work they do around developmental disabilities and autism. We have adopted a policy to support qualified charitable organizations, especially those that our employees are directly involved in. Support can be in the form of monetary donations and/or participation in fundraising and awareness events
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume to: HR@infomagnetics.com
A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE TECHNICAL ANALYST POSITION IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. SPECIFIC COMPENSATION PLAN STRUCTURE WILL BE DISCUSSED WITH INTERVIEW CANDIDATES.