A Permanent Voter Registry for eGovernment
The accuracy and integrity of a voter registry in any jurisdiction is a critical element in ensuring that all qualified constituents have the opportunity and right to vote. A voter registry is the official and authoritative list of all persons eligible to vote and in most cases it is consolidated from several data sources.
Most government jurisdictions now have, or are putting in place, an electronic voter registry or voter list that replaces in-person enumeration for each election. The benefits to a permanent voter registry are reduced cost and time in preparation for an election and enhanced services to constituents, candidates, parties and organizations. Proponents of a door-to-door enumeration process often cite the personal contact with voters, which can increase the integrity of the voter list and raise awareness of the upcoming election. In either case, lists must be well maintained and regularly updated to build trust in the election process.
The IMT Voter Registry for eGovernment can stand alone as a permanent voter registry, or you can integrate it into a larger voter registration system for better data quality, more effective data stewardship, and increased linkages between source records.
Features of the IMT Voter Registry for eGovernment:
- Consolidates multiple source systems of voter demographics and information into one authoritative view of a voter.
- Provides multiple views of a voter. You can include or exclude sources or even specific source system attributes (e.g., always use Vital Statistics Birth Date in this view).
- Decreases the number of manual elector revisions or in-person adjudications—the IMT Voter Registry uses the most accurate, trusted and proven matching and linking engine on the market, the IBM InfoSphere MDM matching algorithm.
- Greatly enhances data quality and integrity through a rich set of data stewardship and data governance tools.
- Integrates with geodatabase management systems such as ESRI. The Voter Registry can use a GIS to produce voter lists for candidates and their constituencies, as well as provide useful data to government parties on electoral boundaries.
- Provides notifications and alerts that can be configured by business analysts to meet their requirements.
- Facilitates and enables self-serve applications via a set of rich Web Services APIs.
Built on IBM’s InfoSphere Multi-Domain Master Data Management (MDM) infrastructure, which is the foundation for many of the most sensitive and confidential registries in the world. The IMT Voter Registry leverages the most accurate, trusted and proven matching and linking engine on the market, the IBM InfoSphere MDM matching algorithm.
Could You Benefit from a Voter Registry for eGovernment?
With our Quick Start Assessment, we go to your site, load your client data from separate systems, build a 360-degree view of your clients, and deliver an analytics report. Find more information on our Quick Start Assessment.
Do You Need Resourcing and Support?
IMT offers an “appliance” model for our Voter Registry for eGovernment that deploys rapidly, without a large investment on your end. Find out more here.